Sunday, January 30, 2011

I guess Introductions are In Order!



If you're reading this, you're probably part of my life drawing class or some random person (I'm impressed you found this place!). So to kick this blog off, I'll start by talking about myself (*insert applause*) and some of the stuff I've done.


Before I dive into a more indepth introduction though, I'll outline the purpose of the blog. The purpose of this blog is to serve as a sort of log or chronicle of my adventures in my Life Drawing class. You'll notice I said adventures, which pretty much shows how excited I am for this class. Needless to say, I'll have quite a lot to talk about and reflect on each week.

So... A bit about me. My Name's Hassan! I'm a 22 year old Art Student at the University of Wisconsin Stout. I'm double majoring in Multimedia and Video Game Design & Development. I intend to someday make a video game that will blow people minds away. Of course, while video games are the end goal and my passion, I definitely have dabbled in other stuff too. I'm big into art, particularly Digital Art. Photography, Photo Editing, Web Design and Graphic Design have also trickled my fancy quite a bit. I've actually freelanced as a web designer and graphic designer during my high school, and that's obviously where the bulk of my current portfolio comes from.

I'm also rather obssessed with Anime (Japanese Animation). You'll see that art style creep up into my drawing, particularly any character designs I do. That's obviously the style I like to draw in, but to draw something stylized and graphic, its important to get the basics and fundamentals down. Kind of why I'm so excited about this class. Funny how that works eh? XD

I'll close this post off with some examples of work I've done in the past, organized by type:


Digital Art (Landscapes):

These were pieces I did for a Digital Imagery Class I took in the Winter of 2010


Digital Art (Character Design):

This was a project I did for a Digital Imagery Class I took in the Winter of 2010 





PhotoManipulation:

This was a project I did for a Digital Imagery Class I took in the Winter of 2010

Graphic Design:

This one of the posters I did for a Concert that was held in the capital city of Pakistan, Islamabad.



Web Design:

I've done quite a few websites over the course of my career, here are some links to websites that I've designed:

http://www.anime-evo.net/
http://hassanj.project-evo.net/
http://hyperblade.deviantart.com/gallery/6891746

---

That should be all from me for this week! I look forward to posting a lot more in depth and Life drawing related stuff in the coming weeks! =D

Note: The Image used for the "Introductions Graphic" contains art from Razuri-Chan @ Deviant Art. I did  not draw that! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment